HAPPY NEW YEAR!
My family and I hope that you have had a blessed holiday season. We are so very grateful for your faithfulness as friends and clients. Once again I am looking forward to helping you be successful and pay no more taxes than necessary.
NEW TAX LAWS:
The new tax law changes will go into effect for 2018; they will not change your 2017 tax filing. I believe there will be will be several technical changes by Congress before this new law is fully implemented, so there are still many unanswered questions as we wait for these details to be clarified.
TAX SEASON START DATE: JANUARY 29TH, 2018
The IRS will begin releasing EITC & ACTC REFUNDS starting February 27th.
Where’s My Refund? IRS.gov will be updated with projected deposit dates a few days after a return is filed and a few days after February 27th for those who file for EITC.
- REQUIREMENT FOR EVERYONE (IRS mandates new rules): Please answer the questions on the questionnaire as much as possible. If you don’t recognize a form or don’t know an answer, just put a ? mark by the question. Please sign the questionnaire at the appropriate place. This will help keep you and me out of penalties.
- You may email your tax information to us at our new email address (see below).
- You may drop off the information at our office.
- You may mail the information to our permanent mailing address (see below).
- You may fax the information (see new fax number below).
- You may schedule an appointment to come in and see me to go over your information.
- New Customer Referrals are appreciated. Download a referral coupon using this link for $25.00 to you and your referral.
Affordable Care Act or ACA
The ACA affects everyone that files a return and is still in effect for 2017. Even if you have insurance, we must verify your coverage and report that on the tax return for you, your spouse and every one of your dependents by each month they were covered. If you purchased health insurance on the Marketplace Exchange, you will be issued form 1095-A by January 31, 2018. Other insured persons will be issued a 1095-B or 1095-C. You must submit this form to us when you submit your other tax information for us to file your return.
Important Information Needed to File your Return:
- To claim education credits or deductions, you must have Form 1098-T from the school.
- Please make sure we have all your personal information correct, ie. current address, telephone number(s),
- E-mail and current direct deposit information.
- Please provide source documents for W-2’s, 1099’s, stock brokerage statements and other tax reporting statements.
- Please make sure we have your correct dependents and their social security numbers.
- Make sure you have provided all your income and expenses.
We look forward to serving you again this year.
Jack Pound, EA, LTC
NEW YEAR-ROUND CONTACT INFORMATION (REPLACES ALL OTHER NUMBERS/ADDRESSES):
Phone: (541) 382-7131
Fax: 1(888) 345-0431